Tuesday 28 August 2012

Eid is all about ...

 Balik kampung!
Rembau, Negeri Sembilan - Where one half of my Malay/ Minangkabau/ Javanese/ Bugis roots lay.
Hmm, I may be more Indonesian than an average Indonesian!



Looking good in traditional costumes
Yeay mommy, I hope you're happy that my baju kurung matches papa's tyres

Papa reluctantly ditched his shorts and t-shirt for the day in exchange for baju melayu :)

Funny expressions
I wonder why papa felt like this ... :-)


Discovering makeup 
Model is wearing Maybelline color-changing lip balm in Pink



Spending time with family and loved ones
Me and cousin Kak Betty

Me and mommy's papa, Atuk Kadir in Seremban

 Discovering traditional cakes, veggies and fruits 
Wow, real ketupats! But I thought they were supposed to light up? No?


That sure is one big candy!

Petai. They look like giant peas in pods.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call eggplant/ brinjal/ aubergine or more fondly known as terung by the locals
Belimbing buluh ... the Negeri Sembilan universal garnishing to every masak lemak cili api dish. 
That, or  something to wash fish with.  

Living in and out of a suitcase
(For the record, this was by choice, there was ample space for me to run around hee hee)


Confusion
This is Mak Ngah ...

This is Pak Ngah.
They are totally not related.

Note: Apparently I have at least 4 sets of Pak Long/ Mak Long and Pak Ngah/ Mak Ngah. Which is why I think we should just stick to Uncle (name) and Auntie (name).


Cooking, washing and cleaning
Fly swatting - test of the reflexes
Mak Su never stopped cooking to feed us her hungry guests
 


Punctured tyres 
Mommy ran over a screw and drove without realizing the tyre had gone flat

Thanx to the local mechanic (NOT the car assist hotline!!!) we go it fixed in a few minutes.

Not compromising the usual quiet time
Still need my beauty sleep no matter how festive Raya is.


Reminiscing the past and contemplating the future
Oh no ... I have completely forgotten my phonics ...

On behalf of my family, I would like to wish everyone Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir Batin.
Hope that your Eid was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment