Monday 4 February 2013

2nd Parents - Teacher Conference 2013


In my kindy, if there is anything bigger than the Annual Concert, it would have to be the Parents-Teacher Conference (PTC) held twice a year.
This is the time when mommy and papa would sit together with Miss Adrina and discuss me.

ME!
That does not jive well with me simply because I like to keep my school and personal lives separate.
My folks are not supposed to be sitting together with Miss Adrina because they are two separate entities in my already busy and complicated life!

One time I sneezed and mommy said "bless you". I told her only Miss Adrina can say that. She rattled on about how it is a common expression but I am not buying that, no ma'am.

But the PTC is so big I was feeling a little nervous in the morning ...

Maybe if I hid in here they wouldn't find me, and we can forget the whole thing ...


But apparently mommy could smell me from miles away and dragged me to the bathroom.


I deliberately chose a t-shirt with the most attitude and tried to mask my apprehension ...


When we reached the school, Mahsa was there with her parents.
Mommy and papa started leafing through my books *ulp*.


Miss Yann Ling and Mrs Katherine asked me to play dolls with Mahsa, but I was too busy craning my neck to hear what they were talking about.


I suddenly wish I had a neck this long ...


When they were done, mommy and papa went to sit with Miss Adrina. I pretended to run around the class on the pretext of playing, hoping to catch a glimpse of their discussion.


Mommy and papa nodded, asked some questions and spoke some more. I tried to sit on mommy's lap but got shoo-ed off again.


I wonder what Miss Adrina had told mommy and papa, coz they were pretty nice to me afterwards.


Anyways these are some of the evaluations done on me for the past few months:


Exercises of practical life:
Finding: I am not too great at dealing with press studs, hook & eye and buckles
Implication: I get to wear loose dresses all the time, yeay!

Finding: I am also still OCD when it comes to putting on my socks
Implication: Mommy will still be late to office in the mornings hee hee


Gross motor skills:
Finding: I need to improve on my jumping, galloping, and hopping
Implication: Papa, please get me a kangaroo, a horse and a rabbit for me to practice with

Social and emotional development:
Finding: I am ok with most things except challenges
Implication: Blame mommy, she luuurrrves routines





Language development:
Finding: I make sense to others most of the time
Implication: All the more reason to be vocal, yes!

And this is the geist of my performance this semester :D


When they were done, mommy took a tour around the class to look at our artworks.

Mommy: (giggles) Why is her car so small compared to the others?
Mrs Katherine: (kindly) That's because she is still small, mommy.
Mommy: Oh, right (looking for a table to hide under)




But at the end of the day, papa and mommy told me they were very proud of me, and Miss Adrina assured that my learning would take its own pace. Maybe next time I wouldn't be too suspicious with the adults :D

So essentially it's all about having fun, right! So here's a big hug to Miss Adrina and Miss Yann Ling for the great times at kindy, love love love you!



xoxoxo, R.A.Z

No comments:

Post a Comment